5.19.2010

El Chicas Gordas

One of the mediums I'm most interested in (both creatively and recreationally) is comic books. Now I'm no artist, and as such had never really gotten into the scene until I read a little thing called 8-Bit Theatre and fell in love with a way of making comics without drawin. I've since attempted to make about four different webcomics that NEVER took off because the inside of my head isn't so good.

Now you might recall that previous post I did about a shadow-y guy that I never mentioned again...Well that was serious, that was the melodramatic side of me that takes my shit seriously.


This, however, is the exact opposite:



This is the most nonsensical ends of my brain where nobody quite understands me. But it's my favourite place to be, and this is one of my favourite works.
It started with me wanting to write a comic about me fighting Hurricane Katrina...and I just added page after page until this came out.
I did actually draw, I hand drew and colored everything that's not clearly an image I swiped from Google Images.
Here's a random page. Click it to download the whole .pdf file!!


No comments:

Post a Comment